Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Still Searching

Things are moving along with the new band that is about two hours away. I will be learning their new music over the weekend. While we may be using some of my originals, the bulk of the recording will be their music. I'm okay with this, and very excited to have the opportunity, but my intentions remain the same. I still plan to record and perform my music, but I think it will have to be with a different band. So why am I bothering with the new band? Well, this band happens to need a singer and I happen to need a band. We are trying to help each other out, and see what comes of it. Our styles are a bit different, but it works. I genuinely like their music. I'm just not giving up on mine. So, I am still searching for talented musicians that would really like to have this opportunity. I've thought so much on this whole experience, and I really don't feel ready to throw in the towel on my own music. I don't think that would be a very smart idea. I've had so much positive feedback on my music, that I feel encouraged to continue with it. I also love writing and performing those songs. I just need to find the right musicians. My drummer has stayed on through all of this. We have patiently watched audition after audition. Some people are actually very good, but lack the time commitment that we need. Others just want to jam here and there, but lack the discipline to be in a serious band. The location of this group is not promising. The area is not inclined to excellent musicians. It is not a large city with a focus on the arts. There are some incredible musicians here, but most of them are already tied up with other projects. The pool of serious musicians is quite small. I consider making a move, but the timing isn't right for that. The frustration that I feel is continuing to grow. Time is money. I don't want my songs to become extinct before they ever get off the ground. I have my life in a good place that allows me the time I need to focus on a band that will perform/record my music. It's just too bad that I can't find that band.

No comments:

Post a Comment