Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Music Help

Everything in the music industry has changed so much due to the internet. Gone are the days of being "discovered" on a stage in the middle of nowhere. Record companies used to take such huge risks on new artists. These days, the internet has given them a bit more "insurance" on their gamble. Sites such as YouTube, keep track of how many views a video or channel is receiving. The unknown artist has the ability to show a record company that there are enough people interested in their music. Even television shows, such as "American Idol," use a similar method by allowing the public to vote on their favorite artist. This is to help show which artist will make them more money. The artist with more talent may not stand a chance when it comes to the popularity contest of the general public. There are so many non-music elements that the public may opt to vote on, such as appearance, race, sex, etc. I think we can all think of certain famous artists that may not have the music talent of a lesser known artist, but because they opted to show more skin, the public fell for it and that artist shot to the top. It doesn't seem fair from a true musician's point of view, but that is what we are up against. Today's music is a battle between true musicians and the cheap imitations. It is up to the public to decide who wins.

The quality of music is declining rapidly in many ways. I personally feel that this is due to the lack of support for the true musician...and by "true musician," I mean the musician that has actually studied, practiced, and opted to learn from great musicians. I am not talking about the person that can match pitch, sings karaoke, or occasionally plays guitar around a camp fire and then decides to audition for "American Idol." I'm talking about real technique and discipline. Most true musicians feel a sense of accomplishment from striving to be better and achieving success based off of their talent and not a popularity contest. However, the true musician is now forced into the popularity contest by the need to "show the numbers" to the record companies. This is where I'm at, and I need your help. I have been busy loading some of my original songs and a few covers to YouTube. I will load more updated versions once I finish recording them, but I've been instructed to get things moving along. I need to promote my music and prove myself worthy to the record company. I'd be incredibly grateful if you would go to my YouTube channel, watch my videos, share them with your friends via Facebook and such, subscribe to my channel, and spread the word when you have a chance. Your help is so valuable to me, and I thank you for your support! Also, support your other favorite, new artists. They depend on your help and I'm sure they would appreciate it as well. Thanks again! Keri Weber's YouTube Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment