Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Intro

Most of my life has been lived for other people. I will be the first to admit that I craved the acceptance of others. As a musician, I have chosen to pursue things in music that pleased people, so that I might gain their acceptance. I played flute out of guilt and because I was good at it. I sang opera because I felt that this intellectual pursuit would please and impress. I have a long list of things that I have accomplished in music and I am grateful for the experiences, as they have helped to make me into the musician I am today. However, everything has been for the wrong reasons and I felt empty. About two years ago, I woke up.

My parents have watched my music journey and struggles. They never said much about it because I am too stubborn to be told. I remember getting ready to move to NYC for opera and my dad made it known that he wasn't crazy about the idea. This just made me more determined to do it. That same day, he had even mentioned that perhaps I try starting a band. I laughed and could hardly believe that he was suggesting THIS to an opera singer. I informed him of how ridiculous this was and how he didn't know what he was talking about. 

So...fast forward to the present. I am currently in pursuit of my 4th band. This blog is meant to track my adventures. I will talk about previous band experiences and how amusing, difficult and wonderful this career process can be. I hope it will serve to help others with the same dream and inspire people to not give up on what they would like to achieve in their lives. 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your adventures. You're a fine musician and writer and we wish you MUCH success as you travel down the sometimes complicated path to "making it". Rock on Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!!!! I appreciate your support!!! :)

    ReplyDelete